Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Need To Be Free

I have been longing for ages
Don't know where I belong
The freedom I wished I had
And the freedom for which I long

Woven out of familiar nightmares
With dreaded memoirs of yesteryears
Looking back across the sea of time
I see the red shroud my nation wears

On my way back to the 'present'
I met some familiar masked souls
Greeting me with their painted smiles
And sharing stories of births and black holes

Now when i take a leap, I dream
Dream of future matched to golden heaps
Staggered lanes across a field of gold
Where a farmer sows what he reaps

In a moment of the mighty hour, I dream
Dream to be in his garden, like a tree
In a world beyond 'give and take'
All I long to be is 'free'

While I wait for those wrinkled hands,
To lead me nto a nation that lives.
I hand pick a hundred dreams for us
Counting the words everyone believes.

Among the million smiles I dream of
I am looking for a million more
While the encaged Golden bird flutters
And sets on a flight of hope.

More than freedom I have
All I long to be is 'free'

In a world so strange
I wish I could be 'Free'


- Piyush Singh
15/08/09

No comments: