Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Awakening

This one goes out to everyone who have had played a major role in my life. All this while, I have continuously been meeting people who played their role in making me what I am. There were people who told me that 'I can't' and then there were people who told me that 'I shouldn't'. There were also the type of people, however very few, who told me that 'I Should'. To be honest, I somehow convinced myself to believe that this is the way it is. I was tired and shattered at times, use to mourn silently the loss of my precious dreams, but then I came across another category of people, who instead of saying anything just lifted me up and threw me closer to my dreams. The fall, as they say, is inevitable but somehow my heart says that they are more than people, for they are my wings and my reasons to fly away. This one is a tribute for you and if you are reading it here then you should know, how grateful I am to you. Here goes, The Awakening . A very special thanks to Tanu Dogra for the image.

Halfway through the rainbow,
I was told,
That my dreams are fake,
And that there is no pot of gold.

Fluttering my tattered wings,
Picking up all my yesterdays.
Greeting sadness with a smile,
And hoping that it stays.

I looked at my wounded soul.
And I could feel the pain.
Looked back at the blue sky
And wished that I could fly again.

Putting my dreams to eternal rest,
I slipped deeper into my sorrows.
Thought of the colours so vivid,
And wished I'd see more tomorrows.

For what seemed to be the end,
Was just a beginning so new.
For the moments, magic and dreams,
I found my wings again and flew.

The morning clouds and the golden rays,
Someday, I know will be mine.
Across the deadly seas of time,
Someday, I know I'll shine.

Through the darker hues of life,
To the magical shades of May.
I will see through I know,
And I know that I'll fly away.

With my wounded tattered wings,
I know I will fly away.
To the little world I know exists,
I know I will fly away.

Far from the stranger remains
of the melancholic yesterday.
To the promises of days to come,
I know I will fly away.

Perched on the dreams of
A beautiful life that comes my way,
All I want to think about
is the reason to fly far away.

I know I will fly away,
Someday, I will fly away
Someday, I will fly away
Someday, I will fly away
Someday, I will fly away...

- Piyush Singh
(1st May, 2010 AD)

Copyiright: Piyush Singh/www.piyushsingh.com

Image Credits: Tanu Dogra

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in any form without the permission of the writer is strictly prohibited.

No comments: