Sunday, July 11, 2010

किरदारों के नाम नहीं होते

This particular poem is very close to me and those who know me well, will be able to make out 'WHY'. I wrote this after my encounter with Gulzar and we exchanged a few incidents. It is a surprising fact that Gulzar, today is not merely a name that instantly strikes the image of one of the most simplest men, dressed in white Kurta Pyjama, and would spell poetry even as he speaks. Gulzar for me, is an emotion that runs through me, has been running through me and inspired me push my own limits when it comes to writing. This poem is my dedication to him for the difference he has caused to my life over the years and I am sure he will continue to do so.

काफी दूर निकल आया था मैं, शायद
पहले तो यह शहर यहाँ नहीं था
लोग मीलो दूर से पत्थर ला रहे थे
और एक एक करके कब्र अपनी सजा रहे थे
उन्ही पत्थरो से बना था यह शहर , शायद

अजीब लोग बसा करते हैं यहाँ पर
सिर्फ चेहरे हैं कुछ खोये से
बीतें किस्सों में, कल के हिस्सों में
कितनी सदियों के जागे से हैं यह
चेहरे हैं शायद, सिर्फ चेहरे ही होंगे, क्यूंकि
किरदारों के नाम नहीं होते

कोई कहीं रात भर समुन्दर के किनारे
आसमान से चाँद की जिद करता होगा.
एक ऊँची बिल्डिंग की छत पर चढ़ कर सोचता,
की वो उसके कुछ और करीब होगा.
नाम में क्या हैं, धर्म किसे पता हैं
किरदारों की कोई पहचान नहीं होती.

नज़र भी कमज़ोर हैं शायद
कितनी बार सहिलो के पार देखा होगा उसने
अपनी कब्र के लिए मीलो दूर पड़े पत्थरो को देखा उसने
सीने में दफ़न होते ख्वाब न देख पाया वो
अक्स अपना पानी में देख कर लग गया काम पर
एक एक कर के पत्थर ला कर
कब्र अपनी सजाने में, शहर यह बनाने में
उन्ही पत्थरो से बना था यह शहर , शायद

Copyright: Piyush Singh 2009-2010
www.piyushsingh.com

(Any reproduction in any form without the prior permission of the author is strictly prohibited)

No comments: