Sunday, July 11, 2010

We

The past few months have been very weird. I came across a few people who imparted a new zeal of life to me. Held my hands when I was drifting deep into the realms of no-return and now I owe my every breath to them. One such person is Anshika(name changed) who now seems to be the sole reason for my existence and I feel all the more thankful to her as my heart beats, every one more time.

Yesterday she wrote something for me which I so want to share with you all but I can't. Just to give you a slight idea of what was that all about, it was a beautiful poem where in she perceived me as 'ever so important' things imaginable to life. However, she missed on the fact that even if I am those few 'important' things, I am still nothing without her.

Her words and affection triggered a series of emotions and thoughts within me. As the night was at its darkest hour, I made a meek attempt to put those thoughts of mine in a form of a poem. However, this is nothing compared to the grandeur and finesse of her words, this will remain to be very special to me. Needless to say, this one too is dedicated to her again for being the most amazing human being I have ever come across and thank you sweetheart for the title - 'We'.
Here it goes:

I am the limitless freedom
I am the storm bigger than might
I am the wave that sinks
mighty ships in a starry night

I am the ocean
that torments the coast
I am the quake that
shatters the power you boast

I am the dreams
I am the morning glory
I am the hand that
carves an eternal story

I am the voice
that super cedes conscience.
I am the ego that
lingers in someone's defiance.

I am the mystical syllable
I am the divine flame
I am the bird that puts
skies to shame.

I am the essence of magic
that forces the time to sway
I am the mountain river
that always makes it way.

I am the rain that showers
smiles on everyone below
I am the echoing words
of a hermit said ages ago.

I am the silence and the chaos,
I am the good and the odds.
I am the ruler and the follower,
I am a living soul created by Gods.

I am the distant land
across the oceans so new.
I am the one who is
nothing without 'You'

I am yours and forever
I shall chose to be.
For you are the one,
who completes me.

I am the one who kneels down
and prays endlessly for You
I am the one who is nothing,
nothing at all, but You.

- Piyush Singh (09/07/10)

All Rights Reserved

No comments: