Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sand Castles

On a lonely stroll,
by the sea shore.
I picked up sea shells,
memories and a lot more.
Looking once at the white moon,
as it proudly shone.
I treasured a few yesterdays,
and kept walking on.

Not far from where I was,
I could see a few fading dreams.
Walking closer I could see,
bleeding hopes and dying gleams.
A few sand castles lie there,
destroyed by the impish waves.
I survived but my wounded dreams,
Went straight to their graves.

I thought of making castles far away,
from where the waves play.
I lived another dream,
in order to live another day.
I added to my dismays hoping,
that my castle would stay.
Picked up the remains and,
Went on walking my way.

I still continue to make sand castles,
Next to the waves I've known.
Look at the skies and seas,
That I once used to own.
Looked in the eyes of the ocean,
that proudly proclaimed, 'I won'.
But Undettered, I didn't stop,
And went on building another one.


I remained there all alone,
With dirt in my eyes and hands.
I continued working on a few more
On the shores of timeless sands.
The waves were now the spectators,
Of my tragically hopeless story.
They remained silent, giggled often,
To add to my castle's glory.

To add to my castle's glory...

To add to my castle's glory...

To add to my castle's glory...


- Piyush Singh

Copyright: Piyush Singh 2010-2011
www.piyushsingh.com

(Any reproduction in any form without the prior permission of the author is strictly prohibited)

No comments: